SEPTIC SYSTEM MAINTENANCE IN NE PENNSYLVANIA
If your home has a septic system you understand this comes with a number of different responsibilities. In addition to hydro jet drain cleaning services, we offer routine repairs and maintenance such as checking for leaks. At Halo Environmental Solutions, we pride ourselves on being efficient, friendly, and performing high-quality service.
DRAIN AND LEACH FIELD REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
Whether you need a repair or are simply due for a septic inspection, our septic system repair contractors are ready to help. When it comes to septic drain field repair or replacement, some excavation services may be necessary; our professionals will take good care of you as they perform their high-quality services regardless of the extent of repairs needed.
SEPTIC TANK CARE: THE BASICS
Owning a septic tank can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are a few basic tips to keep in mind:
- Get your septic tank pumped out every 3-5 years
- Never flush anything but waste and toilet paper in the toilet. Toilet paper is designed to break down in water, while paper towels, makeup wipes, “flushable” wipes, Clorox wipes, and feminine hygiene products are not. These other products can block your drain and cause bigger problems down the road.
- Don’t pour bleach or other harsh chemicals down the drain. This can disrupt the microbial ecosystem in your tank that works to break down waste.
- No grease down your drains. Grease can clog your pipes and gunk up your grease trap. Hardened deposits will have an adverse effect on your septic system.
- Space out high water load tasks. Best practice is to space out your water usage; this allows the water to seep into the ground without oversaturating it. Try alternating kids’ baths and laundry days.
- Use liquid or gel detergents. Powdered detergents can leave tiny particles in your drain water, which can build up and negatively impact the flow of wastewater to your tank.
At Halo Environmental Solutions, we offer services to keep things running smoothly after septic system and tank installation. Whether you need regular repair and maintenance or something a little more specific, our experts are at your service in Lakewood, Waymart, Clarks Summit, Lake Ariel, Greentown, Dalton, Clifford, PA, and all surrounding areas.